Skilled and Compassionate Surgical Care
We provide a wide range of soft tissue and orthopedic surgery to best serve our patients. We understand that surgery and anesthesia can be very stressful for you and your pet. For this reason we offer the following to make our procedures as safe as possible.
- Pre-anesthetic Bloodwork- bloodwork the day of surgery is required for all patients 8 and older, however we recommend it for every patient regardless of age. Bloodwork checks the organs that process the anesthesia and also ensures there are no underlying blood abnormalities that could complicate surgery.
- Intravenous catheters- We place IV catheters and give fluid therapy for any lengthy or complicated procedure.
- Endotracheal tube- We place a tube to protect the airway and deliver oxygen during surgery.
- Anesthetic Monitoring- We monitor many things during surgery including: heart rate (ECG), Blood oxygen content (SPO2), blood pressure, respirations, and body temperature.
- Anesthetic Drugs- We utilize the most current and safest drug protocols in veterinary medicine for sedation, induction and pain management.
- Aftercare- Before your pet goes home, we will make sure you are prepared to care for him/her at home. We want our owners to feel confident that their pet will recover with as little discomfort as possible. We also welcome any follow up questions and emailed pictures post-operatively to ensure a full recovery.
Surgical Procedures Offered
The following are some of the surgical procedures offered at AHCC but are not limited to:
- Spays (Cats, Dogs, Rabbits)
- Neuters (Cats, Dogs, Rabbits, Rats, Guinea Pigs)
- Mass removals
- Laceration repairs
- Cystotomies (bladder surgery)
- Splenectomies (spleen removals)
- Feline PU surgery (male urinary surgery)
- Foreign body removals (GI surgery)
- Ear canal surgeries of varying degrees
- ACL repairs
- Femoral head osteotomies (FHO, surgery for hip dysplasia)
- Medial luxating patella surgery
- Fracture repairs